OPTIONAL ON-COURSE CPR
On some NOLS Wilderness Medicine courses, Idaho Rescue Training is able to offer the opportunity for students to receive their AHA Heartsaver CPR Certification. This will be done after class on the first day and all pre-course work must be done prior to testing.
To complete the CPR Certification, students will need to:
A URL will be provided by Idaho Rescue Training 5-7 days before the class to access the online module
2) Complete the online module with the American Heart Association
PLEASE READ THESE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY PRIOR TO CLICKING ON YOUR LINK
- Do not use Apple Safari, it is not compatible with the AHA Website.
- Create a profile at https://elearning.heart.org/ Then activate your course onto your profile
- You have paid for the course already, please do not pay for it again. If you are having difficulty activating your course, please review this video on creating an account and activating your course.
- Complete the optional Child & Infant sections prior to completing the course
- If you complete the course without completing the Child & Infant sections, please call the AHA to have your course reopened at (888) 242-8883. Certificates are required to have these listed for this class.
3) Email the online completion certificate to email@example.com
This .pdf, similar to the example, can be downloaded after completion of the survey at the end of the online training. Please do not send screenshots, only .pdf files.
Your certificate must be emailed prior to testing.
4) Complete skills testing at the end of Day 1 of your course, which will take 30-45 minutes.
5) Your certification card will be emailed to you by the AHA within 7 days of the course and is valid for 2 years. If you do not find that email, you may visit www.heart.org/cpr/mycards to claim your certification card using the email that you provided.